Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Welcome to our Guest Designer and friend .....Nadia Cannizzo

Nadia will be joining us for the next few months as Guest Designer. She is also a very good friend of Berry71bleu. We thank her for allowing us to collaborate with Once upon a....SKETCH.

Let's welcome our dear friend..

Nadia

Hi there everyone. After many Design Team and Guest Designer commitments this month, I decided to create something just for me, just for fun and just because! 

The wonderful owner of Berry71Bleu and Zeus and Zoe etsy shops, Marivic Clifton, who is also my friend, has sent me some beautiful Berry71Bleu tags to play with and when I spotted one of these tags in my drawer I had so many ideas flowing in my head and went straight into action! 

After my recent mixed media adventures, I wanted something shabby, soft and romantic while still including some familiar art mediums such as gesso, inks, mists, mesh tape, washi tape and masking tape. 

Can I brag a little and say that this is one of my favourite things I have created lately? Funny thing, when I was creating it , it was dark, in the middle of the night and I thought "Hmm , I am throwing this in the bin tomorrow". But when I saw it in the morning, in the beautiful sunshine... I was in love . There is something about this.. maybe the child in the picture (not mine, its a vintage image) among the soft colours? I am not sure. But I like it. Trouble is.. who do I give this to? Both my girls will want it LOL! 

"Remember I Will Always Love You"

This is a wall hanging. I started by taking a piece of Want2Scrap Donna Salazar 8x10 Corrugated Cardboard and mounted it on a piece of thick chipboard! 

Then the fun started! No measuring, no thinking NOTHING!

After going over the background with a thick coat of gesso, I sprayed some water on it and used a piece of sandpaper to distress the background. 

 I then grabbed my gorgeous Donna Salazar box of goodies I was sent for my Guest Designer spot over there, and went to town with all the off cuts I had from all of Donna's 2013 paper collections - Fun & Funky, Natural Beauty and Family Jeans as well as her Mix'd Media Stax 2 papers, Mix'd Media Inx and Smooch Spritz mists which you can find at Moments Of Tranquility shop --> HERE


Here is a close up of the Berry71Bleu tag, which includes this beautiful vintage image of a child surrounded by soft flowers and embellishments.

Once my background was built, I went for an old favourite embellishment.. the ever trustworthy Prima Marketing flower to complement my Berry71Bleu tag along with other embellishments, and to match everything in colour, I went over the cluster with gesso and sprayed Smooch Spritz Pralines and Cream mist.


 The chipboard title is this one HERE from Imaginarium Designs. I simply painted it white and used my fingers to dab some thick acrylic paint on it to give it an aged shabby look. 




Materials List
Handmade Tag: Berry71Bleu
Specialty Paper: GCD Studios Mix'd Media Stax 2 
Ink: Clearsnap Donna Salazar Mix'd Media Inx - Chiffon
Spray: Smooch Spritz Donna Salazar Pralines and Cream
Swirl: Prima Marketing Resist Canvas - Swirls
Findings: Prima Marketing Vintage Trinkets and from my stash
Flowers: Prima Marketing Vinetta Almanac, Sugar Blooms Fairy
Chipboard title: Imaginarium Designs. 
Journalling tag: Graphic45 Secret Garden
Other: white acrylic paint, sand paper, gesso, mesh tape, washi tape, masking tape, lace trim

Hope you like my little project! 

Thank you so much for dropping by today :) 

XOXO Nadia

7 comments:

  1. A beautiful wall hanging! Very shabby. I had to smile about you saying both my girls will like it, but now there is one more . Difficult, but I am sure you have a lot to give to the girls one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful wall hanging to compliment the gorgeous tag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!!! This is beautiful I love all the layers and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous project, Nadia! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and so elegant Nadia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This layout is simply FABULOUS! I love all the layers, the colors, the theme, the colors...everything!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! We really appreciate you stopping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...