Sunday, September 01, 2013

September Challenge - Sketch Plus Mixed Media!

Hello everyone, Debbie here with you today hosting the Berry71Bleu September Challenge!
It's so hard to believe that the months of Summer have come and gone and Autumn will make it's appearance this month. I love Autumn.  It's my favorite time of the year. 
For the September challenge I created this sketch and also ask that you incorporate some mixed media into your project, such as gesso, modeling paste, mists or inks.  Can't wait to see what you create!

Here is my layout based on the sketch.  I used papers from Maja Design's Walking In The Forest Collection along with a beautiful photo of my grandmother.

Tucked under my flower cluster is some chipboard by Scrapiniec and beneath the cluster I used the new Prima Lace Doily #1 designed by Finnabair and some modeling paste.
  I love this new stencil!

I incorporated a lot of stamping on my layout using some Kaisercraft stamps and inks.

Here you can see the Scrapiniece chipboard along with a vintage bottlecap from Zeus and Zoe etsy shop and some more stamping.

Our main sponsor this month is Maja Design.
Maja Design Corp is based in Uddevalla, Sweden. We are dedicated to create unique and high quality vintage inspired patterned paper for scrapbooking and crafts. Maja Design was founded in November 2007, and since then, have grown to supply over 70 retailers in Sweden and 90 all over the world. Founder Marie Jansson says: "In the fall of 2004, a dear friend asked me to join her to a scrapbooking course. From that moment, I became totally amazed and thrilled by all the beautiful papers and decorations in the art of scrapbooking. After some time as a captivated scrapper, I got curious to create my own patterns. I have always had a devotion for colour and form. I had access to great printing facility, as I worked at a printers office. Since 2007, I have been blessed to be able to work with my great passion - to design and create coloured coordinated paper."

Please visit us at www.majadesign.nu

Maja Design provided each member of our DT with their Walking In The Forest Collection to work with this month.  We also have one extra collection for the winner of our September Challenge.

MAIN PRIZE:

RANDOM PRIZE:
The Porkchop Show
A fine Etsy emporium selling unique laser cut wooden craft pieces.
Your crafting dreams can come true with these wood art parts!



Please note that if the winner(s) of this challenge are international they will be responsible for shipping costs. Pleae check out our Challenge Rules page here.

A special thanks to Scrapiniec Die-Cut Chipboard for sponsoring the Berry71Bleu Design Team this month with their chipboard.



Scrapiniec is the first Polish manufacturer of laser die-cut chipboard products for use in scrapbooking. They satisfy even the most unusual individual orders and are characterized by reliability, high quality and friendly customer service.

So there you have it.  A great sketch to get you motivated along with some wonderful prizes to be won!  Can't wait to see what you create!

Thanks for stopping by!
. . . Debbie

4 comments:

  1. beautiful page..Autumn its my favorite too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout and sketch Debbie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page Debbie...and love the challenge! Super!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty page Debbie! I love your sketch...The flower clusters is just gorgeous!!

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! We really appreciate you stopping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...