Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Guest Designer Corrine Lagneux

We're thrilled to share this gorgeous piece, created by our June Challenge Winner, Corinne Lagneux. Please enjoy her take on our July Pattern Palooza Challenge.


I am the mum of an adorable young girl who is the source of my inspiration and I have a great husband who understands and accepts my passion. I love all styles but I discovered mixed media and now I incorporate it into all my layouts and art journal pages.

I often work with images or postcards brought back from my travels with my husband. I also love street art. I live with my family in Lyon which is a city in east-central France, situated between Paris and Marseille by the Mediterranean.

I've just joined the team l'antre Scrap, who noticed my work and asked me to join them. My blog is in French, but as art is universal, you can find it here: MARCH http://marchblogspotcommarch.blogspot.fr/ 


I've applied black gesso with a few drops of water (drying with a heat gun), then I added modeling paste and I used a Perfect Pearl mist copper. I've again applied black gesso by small touches (without water) then I used my stamps. I used also white gesso on the feather and to make the lines with a pizza cutter.


(Image Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

Whether you prefer stripes or polka dots, flowers or feathers, or something else entirely, just have fun mixing prints on your project. Feel free to incorporate designs from patterned papers, newspaper or magazine images, stamps, stencils, or your own artwork--Just be sure to include at least 3 different patterns on your creation. Please do not feel required to also design with the color palette of the mood board. You are free to do so if you choose, but this challenge is specifically about mixing patterns and does not have a color restriction.

There is still time to join our challenge this month!


Check out the fabulous prizes donated by our generous sponsors:

1st and 2nd Prize:
Molossi Gift Pack (Chipboard, Bling and Flowers)

Random Prize:
2 Digital Images from the Jellypark Store


Sponsors:
 

Molossi is an Australian retail and wholesale supplier to the scrapbooking and papercraft industry. Molossi strives to bring you an online shopping experience where you can relish in a huge range of scrapbooking supplies to compliment your scrapbooking addiction. Molossi offers thousands of products including: albums, cardstock, flowers, bling, personal die-cutting machines, stickers, embellishments and plenty more! Become a part of our scrapping community and enter the stash giveaways and competitions on our Facebook page and Blog. For a large range of page layout ideas, sign up for our monthly newsletter to stay up-to-date with the scrapbooking world and monthly promotions.


Jellypark is a digital crafting website with lots of whimsical images drawn by children's illustrator Claire Keay. The images can be used on all your papercraft projects whether digital, hybrid or physical. 


Please note that if the winner(s) of this challenge are international they will be responsible for shipping costs. Make sure you follow our CHALLENGE RULES.
Thank you and we hope to see your beautiful creations this month!

We appreciate each and every challenge entry and share the designs that catch our eye on our facebook page and Pinterest Boards. Look for your work there!

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous background work and I love the feather detailing around the photo! So cool! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite scrappers, love your work Corinne! And this is another stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly stunning Corrine! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! We really appreciate you stopping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...