Monday, September 15, 2014

Bliss by Dana Tatar


Hi! Dana here today sharing a layout about the thing that I love the most -- music -- for the September "Things We Love" Challenge. I don't know how I would get through my day without it. I used memorabilia from the last concert I attended, a ticket stub and partial set list, as well as a vintage CD shard from one of my favorite albums that dates back to 1994. To stay that my Father didn't always understand by choice in music is a bit of an understatement! The lyrics to the songs performed by Soundgarden and Nine Inch Nails are just as cathartic to me today as they were when I was a teenager. It was absolutely amazing to hear both bands on the same night.


I tucked a digital tag created by Marivic behind layers of vintage papers from a Zeus and Zoe Kit. The gorgeous piece of doily chipboard is from Scrapiniec and the bright yellow sticker is from the 7 Dots Studio Hopefully collection. The fabulous music print paper is from the 7 Dots Studio Nature Walk collection.


This fun chipboard speech bubble is also from Scrapiniec. I included a quote from Chris Cornell (Soundgarden) under this photo of Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails). Most of my favorite musicians are not afraid to write about their darkest moments. The comfort that I get from hearing and relating to their words is hard to express and definitely priceless.

"If I wrote a line, then questioned it - 'Do I really want people to hear me say that? Is that too personal?' - That moment of fear meant I should keep it. That means it's powerful." - Chris Cornell


This doily was included in my Zeus and Zoe Kit. I topped it with a 7 Dots Studio sticker and a stunning butterfly from Kay's Etsy Shop. I included more personal journaling down the right side of the page.

I hope you can find the time to create a project about what you love to share with use this month!


This September we want to know about the THINGS that you love. Make a project telling us about the things that you love, no matter what it is, we'd love to know! You can take photos and add to your project or you can journal it. Most of the time we never get to talk about ourselves, so this month we will talk about all the lovely things we love. We would love to see what you create so please join our Things We Love Challenge!

Thank you to our sponsors for providing amazing prizes this month!

1st Prize:
Molossi Gift Pack (Chipboard, Bling and Flowers)

2nd Prize: Zeus and Zoe Gift Certificate



3rd Prize: 2 Handmade Tags from Berry71bleu
(Please note that the photos are just samples and are not the actual tags the prize winner will receive.)

 


Sponsors:
 

Molossi is an Australian retail and wholesale supplier to the scrapbooking and papercraft industry. Molossi strives to bring you an online shopping experience where you can relish in a huge range of scrapbooking supplies to compliment your scrapbooking addiction. Molossi offers thousands of products including: albums, cardstock, flowers, bling, personal die-cutting machines, stickers, embellishments and plenty more! Become a part of our scrapping community and enter the stash giveaways and competitions on our Facebook page and Blog. For a large range of page layout ideas, sign up for our monthly newsletter to stay up-to-date with the scrapbooking world and monthly promotions.


Zeus and Zoe is the sister Etsy Shop to Berry71Bleu and sells one-of-a-kind crafting embellishments for scrapbooking, crafting, altered art, home decor and collage art. All tags are handmade and can be designed according to your preference. Please contact Marivic through her Etsy Shop to request a custom order.

Please note that if the winner(s) of this challenge are international they will be responsible for shipping costs. Make sure you follow our CHALLENGE RULES.

Thank you and we hope to see your beautiful creations!

We appreciate each and every challenge entry and share the designs that catch our eye on our facebook page and Pinterest Boards. Look for your work there!


4 comments:

  1. Awesome page Dana! My parents didn't particularly like my choice of music either....The bands you mentioned are great! Rock on....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Dana! Love how your writing is seamless with the background. I used to listen to Sound Garden! Black Hole Sun was my favorite, my son and I used to listen to it..Back in the 90's when everyone used to listen to grunge. Great job on your LO!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Dana - I love it!!! Your handwriting is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! We really appreciate you stopping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...