Wednesday, September 10, 2014

The Magic of Books Layout by Kay

Hello once again fellow Berry71Bleu fans!  Kay here with my project for this month's challenge hosted by Marivic.  The theme this month is: Things We Love

You can find the full details of the challenge here.

I have many things that I enjoy in life--usually it's the little things that give the most pleasure.  So I had a tough time just picking out one.  In the end I went with the enjoyment I find in reading books & in particular the joy I found when I discovered the Harry Potter series.  So the things I love that I'm highlighting with my project are actually seven--the seven books that make up the Harry Potter series.
Here's the mood board provided by Marivic.  It highlights several items that may be a personal favorite to several of you Berry71Bleu followers!
 Many moons ago I bought Harry Potter themed papers & embellishments.  This was the perfect project to finally use these up. Along with all these embellishments I also included a bit of stamping & textures to my background created with mists & modeling paste.

I also included two digital tags created by our very own Marivic--the 'Love' & 'Just Breathe' tag.
 I've included my journaling in this scroll.  Storing my thoughts in little scrolls such as this is my favorite way of storing journaling.  In addition to having a large area to lay down my thoughts--these also add a unique embellishment to my projects.  I have a tutorial up on my blog on how I create these scrolls.  You can find that here if interested.
Here's a close up of the star texture I created on my background.  I used a stencil & modeling paste for this effect.  I dressed up my background a bit more with random dots of Stickles & splatters of mists in white & yellow.
I've always had an overactive imagination--even as a child shows such as 'Bewitched' intrigued me.  How wonderful would it be to wiggle your nose & have your wishes come true!  So when Harry Potter came along it opened up my imagination to a whole new world full of magic, wizards & creatures beyond my wildest dreams!  What a fabulous journey these books were!

My design is based on a sketch provided by Page Drafts.

Now it's your turn--what thing or things in your life just makes your day complete?  I was very close to making the theme of my page my everyday morning cup of coffee--but the books ended up winning instead.

Please make sure you check back often to see the rest of the design teams interpretation of this challenge...enjoy the rest of the week!

Thank you to our sponsors for providing amazing prizes this month!

1st Prize:
Molossi Gift Pack (Chipboard, Bling and Flowers)

2nd Prize: Zeus and Zoe Gift Certificate



3rd Prize: 2 Handmade Tags from Berry71bleu

(Please note that the photos are just samples and are not the actual tags the prize winner will receive.)

 

Sponsors:
 


Molossi is an Australian 

retail and wholesale supplier to the scrapbooking and papercraft 
industry. Molossi strives to bring you an online shopping experience 
where you can relish in a huge range of scrapbooking supplies to 
compliment your scrapbooking addiction. Molossi offers thousands of 
products including: albums, cardstock, flowers, bling, personal 
die-cutting machines, stickers, embellishments and plenty more! Become a
part of our scrapping community and enter the stash giveaways and 
competitions on our Facebook page and Blog.
For a large range of page layout ideas, sign up for our monthly 
newsletter to stay up-to-date with the scrapbooking world and monthly 
promotions.



Zeus and Zoe is the sister Etsy Shop to Berry71Bleu and sells 

one-of-a-kind crafting embellishments for scrapbooking, crafting, 
altered art, home decor and collage art. All tags are handmade and can 
be designed according to your preference. Please contact Marivic through
her Etsy Shop to request a custom order.

Please
note that if the winner(s) of this challenge are international they
will be responsible for shipping costs. Make sure you follow our CHALLENGE RULES.

Thank you and we hope to see your beautiful creations!

We appreciate each and every challenge entry and share the designs that catch our eye on our facebook page and Pinterest Boards. Look for your work there!

4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful/magical page, Kay! Love the textured star and glittered accents! Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page Kay! I love all the stars and the subtle stamping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous Kay! Love all the little details..The stars are just amazing!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love your page Kay....so magical and gorgeous! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! We really appreciate you stopping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...