Monday, August 26, 2013

Flower Tutorial By Anita

Guest Designer Anita Scroggins has a wonderful flower tutorial to share today 
using Faber-Castell® Gelatos®

Begin by stamping and heat embossing your flowers and cutting
 them out. I used Heartfelt Creations Open Vintage Floret
 Precut Stamp set and Vintage Floret Die set. They have
an awesome tutorial on how to use their stamps and dies on their
 blog, so please check them out!


I used 4 colors of my Faber-Castell® Gelatos® to color my flowers,
 Teal Metal, Blue Metal, Aqua Dolce, and Spearmint. I applied the
Gelatos® directly to the flowers, blending them with a slightly
damp sponge.

I kept adding color in layers until I achieved
the depth that I wanted.

Next up is shaping the flowers - real flowers have curved petals
and do not lay flat - we want our flowers to look the same.
 I rolled the edges back using my paper piercer and cupped
the centers using a ball tool. 


The last step is to assemble the layers together, add a brad for
the center and place them on your project. I am using these on
a layout.

And here is my finished layout.

5 comments:

  1. So beautiful, thank you for sharing the tutorial with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what are they beautiful I love this color blue, thank you for sharing the tutorial with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Love that blue, and all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these flowers, Anita!! I have bought Gelatos and not used them a lot. Time to get them out! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! We really appreciate you stopping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...