Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Delight by Kay

Good morning fellow crafters!  Kay here with my interpretation of Tusia's May challenge 'Simple Pleasures'.

I had several choices here for this month's challenge.  Reading books, my morning cup of coffee, walking around craft stores or antique shops, strolling around the park in Autumn, taking the day off from work & heading into New York city simply because it's there--are just a few of the things that are simple pleasures for me.  However, as I was thinking about this challenge my Toby came right up to me, gave me one of his famous wet kisses on my nose & proceeded to climb onto my lap which is his favorite 'resting' place.

Right at that moment the decision was made to scrap about the unique bond between man & dog.  I'm a lover of all animals--but Toby has been my first dog &  he's taught me the powerful lesson of unconditional love.  I have to say that there's nothing better than getting a wet kiss on the nose from your loyal companion & the best part is that they kiss you no matter how you look or how you're feeling. 

Here's the inspiration board for the May challenge.  I took a few of the colors from the mood board as a starting point for my layout.  I don't usually go with a pastel color scheme but this time it seemed to work out just right.  You can find all the details for the May challenge here.
Looks like I went a little 'layer' happy on this layout!  I've done layer upon layer upon layer of different papers & elements.  In the background you'll see papers from one of our sponsors Darkroom Door.
The clear rhinestones on my background & this chipboard are also by one of our fabulous sponsors--Molossi. 

I kept the embellishing of the chippie simple.  I just covered the chipboard with embossing ink & then spread a bit of Star Dust transparent embossing powder by Stampendous.  This process adds just the right amount of  'bling' to any chipboard piece. 
There's still time to play along with this month's challenge.  What's your 'Simple Pleasure'?

Now onto this month's prizes...

Check out the fabulous prizes donated by our generous sponsors:

1st Prize:
Molossi Gift Pack (Chipboard, Bling and Flowers)


2nd Prize: Zeus and Zoe Embellishment Collection


Random Prize:

Darkroom Door Paper Collection 


Sponsors:
 

Molossi is an Australian retail and wholesale supplier to the scrapbooking and papercraft industry. Molossi strives to bring you an online shopping experience where you can relish in a huge range of scrapbooking supplies to compliment your scrapbooking addiction. Molossi offers thousands of products including: albums, cardstock, flowers, bling, personal die-cutting machines, stickers, embellishments and plenty more! Become a part of our scrapping community and enter the stash giveaways and competitions on our Facebook page and Blog. For a large range of page layout ideas, sign up for our monthly newsletter to stay up-to-date with the scrapbooking world and monthly promotions.



Darkroom Door is owned by photographer Rachel Greig and graphic designer Stewart Yule who combine their talents to design a unique range of rubber stamps and papercraft products suitable for card making, scrapbooking, invitations, collage, mixed media and altered art. As the name suggests, Darkroom Door products have a strong photographic element in their design. Products include: Rubber Stamps, Photo Stamps, Background Stamps, Frame Stamps, Collage Stamps, Word Block Stamps, Montage Sheets, Photochips, and Filmstrips along with a wide range of accessories for all type of paper crafts.

Darkroom Door also has a fabulous blog that is updated regularly with projects created by many talented artists. Check out the Darkroom Door website to see their full product range along with a gallery full of projects and ideas!




Custom kits with vintage flair. 
Visit store or contact Marivic (berry71bleu at gmail dot com)

Please note that if the winner(s) of this challenge are international they will be responsible for shipping costs.

Make sure you follow our CHALLENGE RULES.

Thank you and we hope to see your beautiful creations this month!

3 comments:

  1. Stunning page Kay! I love your color palette and the special details you always add to your pages. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and fresh page! Love this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! We really appreciate you stopping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...