Hi there! This is Anupama here for Kay's March Challenge -
You Color My World!
And the subject of my project is
Resplendent in infinite ways, it fuels my imagination,
inspires me & breathes life into my art!
I dressed Marivic's lush tag with jewellery and a tilak.
India is replete with colors from mystical whites to rich jewel tones!
Texture, texture, texture...
DecoArt stencils and masks work beautifully!
I used a combination of brush-on Glitter paint, Acrylics, Ultra Frost and Glamour Dust.
Tilak is worn on the Ajna Chakra, the centre of forehead - the point at which the third eye or the spiritual eye is believed to open.
The sponsor of our March Challenge is DecoArt.
"Since 1985, DecoArt has manufactured one of the broadest lines of
acrylic paints and finishes for general arts and crafts use in the
world. The line includes all-purpose acrylics for professional artists,
crafters, and students. Located centrally in the United States, DecoArt
manufactures numerous specialty paints that are designed specifically
for surfaces like glass, ceramics, fabric, and metal, from its Stanford,
Kentucky production facility"
DecoArt has one of the widest selection of paints and finishes for arts, crafts, and home decorating. DecoArt has a full product line which includes over 25 brands of paint and finishes.
Our products are sold in all major craft chain stores in the United States, as well as having a strong market presence internationally in over 75 countries abroad.
Our Commitment to Quality
DecoArt assures its loyal and new customers that they can use our products with confidence.
All DecoArt products are non-toxic and user and enviromently-friendly.
We make safe products. Our paints and specialty products are made in the USA to federally-mandated and industry wide safety and quality standards as established by the Art & Creative Materials Institute (ACMI). ACMI employs one of the nation's top independent toxicology groups at Duke University. All of our formulas are reviewed and have been certified as non-toxic by this group.
The winner of our March Challenge will win the following prize package from DecoArt:
The prize includes: Three 8 pot paints; Americana Radiance, Dazzling Metallics Shimmer and Americana Pastel. Three stencils; Jacobean Floral, Flutterbies and Art Nouveau Medallions, along with a Medium assortment including Weathered Wood, Pearlizing, Fabric Painting, Thickening Medium, Drying Time Extended Medium and Staining Antiquing Medium.
There will also be a random winner who will win a this set of Craft Twinkles Writers:
1. You are allowed to make a an altered/off the page project as long as you follow the challenge specifications.
2. Projects must be linked up to our linky tool in the sidebar, using the URL of the ACTUAL POST not your entire blog.
3. You may submit as many entries as you want and combine your entry with up to 2 other challenges.
4. It is required that you mention in your blog post that you are playing along at Berry71Bleu TOGETHER with a link back to our blog.
5. All entries must be received by MIDNIGHT EST on the 31st day of the month the challenge was posted.
6. Entries to be submitted via the linky tool at the top of the sidebar ONLY, not by e mail and not by linking up in the comments section please.
Information about our Challenges
1. Berry71Bleu Challenges are open to anyone,
anywhere in the world.
2. Our Design Team do their best to comment
on all entries, you can make their job easier by turning OFF
your word verification. Try it and if spam is a problem
you can always enable comment moderation.
3, Challenges are held monthly and each month TWO winners are
chosen. One winner is chosen by our design team, who all vote for
the project they consider to be the best, while another winner is
chosen by random draw.
4. Challenge winners will always be announced within a week
of the challenge closing and winners are then required to
contact our Sponsor Co-ordinator, Agnieszka at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Prizes not claimed within 2 weeks of the challenge closing
will be forfeited.
6. The Merit winner will have an image of their project featured in
the winners post, together with a link back to the homepage
of their blog.
7. Merit winners will be awarded a Winner's Badge to post
on their blog - full bragging rights included!
Hope my art journal inspires you to experiment with color.
Go ahead and splash!
Until next time...