Monday, October 28, 2013

Guest Designer Wilma Voermans

Today we would like to introduce the winner of our September Challenge and Guest Designer for October, Wilma Voermans.

I live in the mountains of the Swiss bernese oberland.
Paradise on earth...lucky me.
My scrapbooking style is not always the same, it can be artsy, but sometimes pictures ask for a romantic style.
I never know what I want to make when I start, I always go with the flow.
Mixed media is a must, I just cant do without it.
My new addiction is "lifeproject mixed media style".
I make my own backgrounds , this way I can turn my art journals and scrapping in a keepsake for my children.
Each one of my 8 children get a BIG memory book like this.
Great project that keepes me of the street , I need at least 10 more years to finish it .
So I really should give up smoking Emoji

I feel very honored to be this month guest designer at Berry71beu !!

Please stop by my blog, Swissdutchy8.


When I saw the moodboard I knew which photos I wanted to use for this.
Here in the mountains where I live fall really starts when the cows come home .
In summer two "sennen" go up real high with the cows (and other animals) from the farmers in the village.
This way the farmers can take their harvest in. And the alps high up keep clean from grass.
Because they are so high up without electricity they use the milk to make the very special mountaincheese by hand.
It is a rough life up there.


So when they come home it is a big festival .
The cows wear flowers on their head , the ones who give the most milk in summer walk in front.
Everybody wears the traditional clothes and the mail "sennen" must have a beard when they come down.
I can't tell the whole story and traditions, it would take to much space.
In the pictures my son with his beard(hate it) and my grandson milo, who is 4 years old, but he manage the cows already.
The woman you see is the other sen ...she is a tough girl!
After the big party in the night fall can begin!

Here are a few closeups:



Thank you Wilma for sharing your layout and story with us.  It is always fun to read about the different festivals from other countries.  Truly a lovely, colorful layout!

6 comments:

  1. Truly beautiful Wilma, the lo is just gorgeous, and I just love how you told a story here, you beautifully documented an amazing piece of your culture, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an amazing layout! Just love the way you pulled the fun aspects from your pics unto your page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wilma - great to read about your tradition. And your layout is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this lo! such a great work <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning page Wilma! I love all the color and the story that goes along with the photos. Its so great to have you with us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Vilma! I love to read the story behind these lovely photos. So nice to have you here this month! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! We really appreciate you stopping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...