Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Guest Designer Lisa Griffith - Change is Beautiful

Today we welcome back our October Challenge Winner Lisa Griffith


My name is Lisa Griffith and I live in the USA with my husband and our seven year old son Liam. I adore scrap booking as it combines my two loves, photography and paper crafting. I am the family shutterbug, always taking photos wherever we go, and always planning the next layout, looking for inspiration in the beauty of the light, colors and textures I see all around me.  I love antiques and everything vintage, which is why most Saturday mornings I am out at estate/garages sales, hunting for unique treasures. I love to find things I can incorporate into my work, old sheet music, old book pages, vintage photographs, sewing notions, or bits of lace. When I saw the theme of Novembers challenge, Change is Beautiful, I couldn't help thinking that ever since I hit 40, there have been some changes that I really don't like! Mainly I can't read anything with out glasses, and the sudden appearance of many tiny wrinkles! I know that there is no point in fighting these changes, it's just part of life, so I am trying to accept them gracefully and remember that I have a beautiful family that I adore, and so much to be thankful for, and thats what really matters! I love to create rich textured backgrounds on my layouts with masks, gesso, and lots of inks, paints and flowers. Here I started with  Prima patterned paper and used pieces of old book pages covered in gesso, strongly brewed tea splashes, purple pearl mist, a circle chipboard piece from Blue Fern Studios and some gold micro beads. 

Currently I design Mixed Media kits for The Scrapbook Diaries and I have just been invited to join the Blue Fern Studios Design team for 2014, I am so excited! 

Thanks so much to all the ladies at Berry71Bleu for having me as a guest! 
Please drop my blog www.thepaperattic.blogspot.com  
Hugs, Lisa


Thank you Lisa for sharing your stunning layout with us!

There is still time to enter the November Challenge


Main Prize:
Liquitex Prize Package



Acrylic mediums



Adult Size Liquitex Apron


Random Prize:




Sponsors:
 

Liquitex offers the widest spectrum of vibrant intense acrylic paints, acrylic mediums and art supplies that enable you to bring your creative vision to life. The possibilities to expand your creativity are endless with their innovative toolbox. Liquitex was the first water-based acrylic paint created in 1955 and since then has partnered with artists to ensure that they continually evolve and innovate – resulting in a long history of acrylic innovation. Today, Liquitex offers the largest array of vibrant acrylic paints, mediums and tools to enable acrylic artists to continually explore their art and take it to new and unprecedented boundaries. Their innovative drive, creative passion and intense desire to share the joys of artistic expression through unparalleled education and community outreach programs, has ensured that Liquitex will continue to be a strong partner in helping artists explore their art for decades to come.



Frog Dog Studio is a monthly Mixed Media kit club. We have a talented team of designers who will share video and photo tutorials on how to make kit projects and use kit supplies, in easy, fun, and creative ways. We pride ourselves on making the world Mixed Media friendly and want to share our excitement and passion for creating art with our subscribers. We believe that Mixed Media is the window to the soul, and embrace individualism, and self expression. Getting our hands messy with paint, ink, and glue is a natural part of our lives.


Maja Design Corp is based in Uddevalla, Sweden. We are dedicated to create unique and high quality vintage inspired patterned paper for scrapbooking and crafts. Maja Design was founded in November 2007, and since then, have grown to supply over 70 retailers in Sweden and 90 all over the world. Founder Marie Jansson says: "In the fall of 2004, a dear friend asked me to join her to a scrapbooking course. From that moment, I became totally amazed and thrilled by all the beautiful papers and decorations in the art of scrapbooking. After some time as a captivated scrapper, I got curious to create my own patterns. I have always had a devotion for color and form. I had access to great printing facility, as I worked at a printers office. Since 2007, I have been blessed to be able to work with my great passion - to design and create colored coordinated paper."


Our Design Team sponsor this month is 7 Dots Studio.


We are a team of creative women who cannot image their world without paper, glue and the creative process. Scrapbooking is our passion and we love to share our passion with other scrapbookers. For this reason, 7 Dots Studio exists. The quality of our products is our top priority. Our collections are made from thick (250gsm), acid-free, lignin-free, archival scrapbooking paper. We also offer high quality cardstock stickers.

Please note that if the winner(s) of this challenge are international they will be responsible for shipping costs. Make sure you follow our CHALLENGE RULES.

Thank you and we hope to see your beautiful creations this month!

3 comments:

Thanks so much for your comments! We really appreciate you stopping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...