Friday, August 22, 2014

Chill- by Mandy

Happy Hello Everyone!
 
Mandy here sharing my take on this month's cool sketch by Sandra.
 
I decided to go mixed media/grunge with a bit of whimsy!  I cut out the photo of my son laying on a raft in the pool and used one of the design team sponsor's (Chantal Vandenberg) flower embellishments as a cloud like head rest....I took close-up's of the details before I added the "boy" lettering.
I had much fun altering the various embellishments offered to the design team members from:
Thank you!!!!
I altered the chipboard by heat embossing, painting and distressing.....
My son is wearing swim trunks with greens, blues and black so I chose to work with those colors.....Chantal's embellishments were the perfect colors!
Here is a photo of the project before I was finished.....I could have stopped here.......and I NEVER do!!!  I guess it looks nice this way but I just had to grunge it up.... Isn't that what boys are all about? "messy and grungy"!!! hehe
 
Here is the Sandra's sketch:
August Sketch by Sandra Przybylska 
 
Check out the fabulous prizes donated by our generous sponsors:
 
First Prize: Lemon Owl - Around The Corner Collection
 (12-12x12 patterned papers, epoxy stickers, die-cut embellishments,
1-12x12 sheet with cards and two sheets with frames. )


Second Prize: Creative Embellishments Gift Certificate 


Random Prize: 2 Berry71Bleu Handmade Tags 
(Please note that the photos are just samples and are not the actual tags the prize winner will receive.)



Sponsors:



Lemon Owl 

Lemon Owl is an Ukrainian scrapbook and paper crafting brand created in the end of 2012. We put our first collection, Attic Door, on sale right before the New Year – the magical time between old and new, past and future, when dreams can come true. We like to experiment with colour combos and interesting patterns while creating our unique designs. Our style is fresh and bright, sometimes it is eclectic, and sometimes it is clean and elegant. 



Creative Embellishments is a new family owned company created by Michael and Nicolle Kramer. They are a husband and wife team who design and manufacture unique, high quality chipboard, rubber stamps, flair and wood veneer products. It is their mission to offer fun and inspiring products that can be creativity added to any project. In the near future, they will be expanding into other mediums such as stencils!



Zeus and Zoe is the sister Etsy Shop to Berry71Bleu and sells one-of-a-kind crafting embellishments for scrapbooking, crafting, altered art, home decor and collage art. All tags are handmade and can be designed according to your preference. Please contact Marivic through her Etsy Shop to request a custom order.




If you have clicked on one of my creations and smiled then I consider my work a success! My name is Chantal and I live in beautiful Adelaide, South Australia. I began scrapbooking 5 years ago and since then I've never looked back. I've always loved art (particularly cartooning) and through scrapbooking, this passion has been dusted off and reignited tenfold! Yay! I would describe my scrapbooking style as fun, funky, colourful and whimsical. I love to inject lots of personality into my work and I really enjoy bringing memories to life through creativity.

I'm very fortunate and blessed to be a 2014 Scrapbooking Memories Master, and to have my work published regularly in scrapbooking magazines in Australia and worldwide. Plus now I'm also having so much fun designing and making my own scrapbooking embellishments - so that you can enjoy crafting and creating with a lovely collection of cute bits and pieces to play with too! If you see something you like, but would like a larger quantity, please feel free to convo me. I'm also always happy to make up custom orders.

Have lots of fun looking around and thank YOU for considering byChantalVandenberg! :)

A special thanks to Creative Embellishments and Chantal Vandenberg for sponsoring our design team this month!

Please note that if the winner(s) of this challenge are international they will be responsible for shipping costs. Make sure you follow our CHALLENGE RULES.

Thank you and we hope to see your beautiful creations!

We appreciate each and every challenge entry and share the designs that catch our eye on our facebook page and Pinterest Boards. Look for your work there!
Have a great day!
 

6 comments:

  1. Stunning page Mandy! I'd love to come scrap with you and see your work in person. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dana! That sounds like FUN if you can find your way through my chaotic scrappy (scrap-room) mess!! hehe - I need to desperately ORGANIZE!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a chillin' page Mandy and love your design and background! Super cool and fresh colours! Fab page! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is definitely a chillin page Mandy and I love the design and your background! Super cool and fresh colours and a fun, fun page! Fabulous! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gorgeousness!!! It is truly magnificent Mandy!! Love all the details, textures!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! We really appreciate you stopping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...