Monday, August 25, 2014

Special Guest Designer Chantal Vandenberg

We're thrilled to welcome special Guest Designer and sponsor Chantal Vandenberg to the blog today. Enjoy her take on our August Sketch Challenge!


My name is Chantal and I live in beautiful Adelaide, South Australia. I began scrapbooking 5 years ago and since then I've never looked back. I've always loved art (particularly cartooning) and through scrapbooking, this passion has been dusted off and reignited tenfold! Yay! I would describe my scrapbooking style as fun, funky, colorful and whimsical. I love to inject lots of personality into my work and I really enjoy bringing memories to life through creativity. I'm very fortunate and blessed to be a 2014 Scrapbooking Memories Master, and to have my work published regularly in scrapbooking magazines in Australia and worldwide.

I'm also having so much fun designing and making my own scrapbooking embellishments - so that you can enjoy crafting and creating with a lovely collection of cute bits and pieces to play with too! If you see something you like, but would like a larger quantity, please feel free to convo me. I'm also always happy to make up custom orders. If you have clicked on one of my creations and smiled then I consider my work a success! Have lots of fun looking around and thank you for considering byChantalVandenberg Etsy Shop.



My layout is called, "Sisters Make the Best Friends," and I found the perfect photo to be enhanced by the gorgeous friendship tag created by Marivic. I have not only been inspired by the picture and theme on the tag, but also the lovely colors. I focused mostly on orange hues for my layout, to mirror the gorgeous tag.

I was was so thrilled to see my orange "Sunbeam Sweetie" handmade embellishment from my Etsy Shop included on the tag - it looks right at "home" there! I have also used two other handmade products from my Etsy Shop on my layout; the "Bright Star", which is a new product in stock (this is the large size used here), and the "Fuzzy Felt Clouds" in white, (various sizes pack used here).

I have also die-cut some gold glitter cardstock in round shapes and placed them in three places on my layout, inspired by the lovely gold buttons on the tag. Plus, the eclectic assortment of embellishments on my page, which range from handmade and vintage to delicate and funky, was directly inspired also by the collection of embellishments on the Berry71Bleu tag.

I hope you like my layout! Thanks so much for having me as a guest designer and as a sponsor! It has been a pleasure! Cheers!

A big thanks to Chantal and the rest of our generous sponsors for this month! Check out the amazing prized up for grabs. Good luck to all those who participate in our August Sketch Challenge!


First Prize: Lemon Owl - Around The Corner Collection
(12-12x12 patterned papers, epoxy stickers, die-cut embellishments, 1-12x12 sheet with cards and two sheets with frames. )



Second Prize: Creative Embellishments Gift Certificate 

Random Prize: 2 Berry71Bleu Handmade Tags
(Please note that the photos are just samples and are not the actual tags the prize winner will receive.)
 

Sponsors:

Lemon Owl 

Lemon Owl is an Ukrainian scrapbook and paper crafting brand created in the end of 2012. We put our first collection, Attic Door, on sale right before the New Year – the magical time between old and new, past and future, when dreams can come true. We like to experiment with colour combos and interesting patterns while creating our unique designs. Our style is fresh and bright, sometimes it is eclectic, and sometimes it is clean and elegant.


Creative Embellishments is a new family owned company created by Michael and Nicolle Kramer. They are a husband and wife team who design and manufacture unique, high quality chipboard, rubber stamps, flair and wood veneer products. It is their mission to offer fun and inspiring 
products that can be creativity added to any project. In the near future, they will be expanding into other mediums such as stencils!




Zeus and Zoe is the sister Etsy Shop to Berry71Bleu and sells one-of-a-kind crafting embellishments for scrapbooking, crafting, altered art, home decor and collage art. All tags are handmade and can be designed according to your preference. Please contact Marivic through her Etsy Shop to request a custom order.


If you have clicked on one of my creations and smiled then I consider my work a success! My name is Chantal and I live in beautiful Adelaide, South Australia. I began scrapbooking 5 years ago and since then I've never looked back. I've always loved art (particularly cartooning) and through scrapbooking, this passion has been dusted off and reignited tenfold! Yay! I would describe my scrapbooking style as fun, funky, colourful and whimsical. I love to inject lots of personality into my work and I really enjoy bringing memories to life through creativity.

I'm very fortunate and blessed to be a 2014 Scrapbooking Memories Master, and to have my work published regularly in scrapbooking magazines in Australia and worldwide. Plus now I'm also having so much fun designing and making my own scrapbooking embellishments - so that you can enjoy crafting and creating with a lovely collection of cute bits and pieces to play with too! If you see something you like, but would like a larger quantity, please feel free to convo me. I'm also always happy to make up custom orders.

Have lots of fun looking around and thank YOU for considering byChantalVandenberg! :)
 
A special thanks to Creative Embellishments and Chantal Vandenberg for sponsoring our design team this month!

Please note that if the winner(s) of this challenge are international they
will be responsible for shipping costs. Make sure you follow our CHALLENGE RULES.
Thank you and we hope to see your beautiful creations!

We appreciate each and every challenge entry and share the designs that catch our eye on our facebook page and Pinterest Boards. Look for your work there!

13 comments:

  1. Delightful layout! vibrant, happy and full of life! lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Chantal....gorgeous, happy page...lovely to see you guesting....you used the tag to perfection...LOOOVE that big star, too:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the circles!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the orange color palette and the mix of fun embellishments. Your style is amazing and super inspiring! Thanks for sponsoring the team and sharing your work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How gorgeous! Love the colors and details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous!!!! Love your handmade star!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing layout - always love Chantal's stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A really fab and fun LO with so many gorgeous details :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful and happy layout!!! Love it Chantal! You are amazing! Hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning and gorgeous page! Loe the bright colouring! Left you love on your blog too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fabulous Chantal! Love the bright, happy colours. COngrats on the GDT spot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely wonderful layout, Chantal! It is so happy and fun! I love it! Congrats on the GDT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So full of life and color! Loving this page! Thank you Chantal!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! We really appreciate you stopping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...