Wednesday, January 02, 2013

January Challenge~Celebrate Me

Hi, it's Marivic again...

I hope you all had a great New Year's Day and I hope it is a great start to 2013.

I volunteered to do the challege for this month of January. I want to get back to creating again after being gone for over 6 months. Believe me, it wasn't an easy task for me. While I was gone, I got into mixed media with drawing and painting. I wanted to do something as a stress reliever, it worked for me for a bit until I realized that I didn't really have time to do anything with the other things going on in my life and my family.

Now, it's a New Year and I need to get back in the swing of things..So, the challenge this month is to make something about yourself. We scrap about our family, our pets, friends, random nature pictures, etc., but we never get to talk about us. So this month, we will talk about ourselves and we will celebrate us...What a great way to start the year, right?

This challenge is no-holds-barred...talk about your new year's resolution, your dreams, your childhood, your best and worst moments, what makes you laugh, cry, mad...what makes you feel beautiful...your best physical feature, what you wish you can change about yourself...your pet peeves, your frustrations, your favorite food, color...maybe a secret? whatever you want to talk about as long as it's all about you.

Since we are talking about you...(the queen!). Here is our January theme that you need to follow.


I followed our generous Sponsor 13 ARTS Frosted Life Collection...They are sponsoring the winner and our DT this month with this gorgeous paper collection.






Random Winner will receive a Vintage-style Skeleton Key Collection from 



Here's what I made using Frosted Life Collection


I stenciled the background using crackle paste. I misted it as well. Used glass beads in some portions. Just a random mix of everything.






One of my Tags..Marie Antoinette is part of the theme..
(Berry71bleu Etsy Shop will re-open this week)


Metal charm from my Zeus and Zoe Etsy Shop.


Now for my second project..I just followed the theme using Frosted Life collection by 13Arts and I altered this Cigar Box..



I used items from Zeus and Zoe Custom Kit including the cigar box



Handmade flowers done by Toni of 2DogsToni on Ebay.



Front


Back

Rules of the Challenge:


1. You are allowed to make a card, layout or altered/off the page 
project as long as you follow the challenge specifications.

 2.   Projects must be linked up to our linky tool in the 
sidebar, using the URL of the ACTUAL POST not your entire blog.

 3.  You may submit as many entries as you like for each challenge
and combine your entry with up to 2 other challenges.

 4.  It is required that you mention in your blog post that you are playing 
along at Berry 71 Bleu TOGETHER with a link back to our blog. 

 5. All entries must be received by MIDNIGHT EST on the
 last day of the month the challenge was posted.

6.  Entries to be submitted via the linky tool at the top of the
sidebar ONLY, not by e mail and not by linking up in the 
comments section please.


Information about our Challenges:-

1.  Berry71Bleu Challenges are open to anyone, 
anywhere in the world.

2.  Our Design Team do their best to comment 
on all entries, you can make their job easier by turning OFF 
your word verification.  Try it and if spam is a problem 
you can always enable comment moderation.

3,  Challenges are held monthly and each month TWO winners are
chosen.  One winner is chosen by our design team, who all vote for
the project they consider to be the best, while another winner is
chosen by random draw.

4.  Challenge winners will always be announced within a week
of the challenge closing and winners are then required to
contact our Sponsor Co-ordinator, Agnieszka at starhorse@onet.eu

5.  Prizes not claimed within 2 weeks of the challenge closing 
will be forfeited.

6.  The Merit winner will have an image of their project featured in 
the winners post, together with a link back to the homepage
of their blog.

7.  Merit winners will be awarded a Winner's Badge to post
on their blog - full bragging rights included!



Also come visit my new blog...




Become a follower and leave a comment that you did so and you can win this Prize from me..


I am cleaning out my studio and I have a few years of collection of stuff to give away. Make sure you visit...Would love to hear from you!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!






9 comments:

  1. Lovely to see you posting Marivic!!! I am so pleased you are back and I wish you everything of the best for 2013! I hope you have a stunning year, blessed with health, wealth and much happiness! I love your projects girl and love them both! I will definitely need to play along this month....love the sentiment of the challenge! Take Care xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous canvas & altered box!!!
    Love the challenge!
    Happy New Year !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning Marivic!!! Love your layout and the box is also gorgeous! You should find more time for creating:) I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful and a fantastic piece of mixed media art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh this looks like a fun challenge....we never have enough pages of ourselves do we? Im gonna play!! And just became a follower of your blog as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, what is more fabulous way of starting 2013 than by scrapping about ourselves. I love this challenge and the photo inspiration. Can't wait to start. Happy New Year, Marivic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so nice to see you creating again, and boy did you come back in style. What a magical, wonderful..... inspiring layout and card too..... beautiful Marivic. May 2013 bring you and yours many blessings....and those hurdles in life lessen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is gorgeous Marivic!! love the projects and love that quote on the first one!! fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, great creation. Happy New Year too.. :). I hope I can join this month challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! We really appreciate you stopping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...