I thoroughly enjoyed working with this months challenge. I'm a firm believer in documenting life events, memories & the various chapters that have made up my life so far. This is one of the main reasons as to why scrapbooking became one of my favorite hobbies.
As scrappers, we tend to scrap everything around us but we hardly ever take the time to scrap one of the most important legacies we can leave behind for our loved ones--and that would be simply us! Our likes, our dislikes, our guilty pleasures, our hobbies...who we are...what we represent...
This layout is me on paper. I picked embellishments that represent me in some shape or form.
13 ARTS. This lovely Berry71Bleu tag provided by Marivic added just the right touch. We say that all little girls are princesses right? Well all those little girls grow up to be queens--and that would be us! As women we are all special & unique in some shape or form. We are someone's daughter, wife, sister, aunt, grandmother or mom & each role we play adds a touch of something special to those that surround us.
Now onto some of the embellishments on this page that represents me. First of all, flowers. I love flowers (what woman doesn't eh?) I love to grow them as well--my backyard is full of different kinds of colorful flowers that I tend to with much love.
I love birds--there are several bird feeders in my back yard as well. When I see a couple of birds taking a bath in a puddle of water--I can sit back and observe them for hours! My fave bird however, is the wise owl...and that's why I have a little owl perched right next to me. :-)
Butterflies are a must for me. They represent change & the start of something new. They're also so very beautiful & graceful.
The pen nib is there because I love to write. I actually have several short stories that I've written simply because I felt like writing! I started in high school & still do it today when I find the time.
Finally, I used several words that represent me & what I believe in. Just the title alone of this page is me in a nutshell--live, laugh & love! 'Imagine', 'Smile', 'Spirit' and this tag that was part of the 13 ARTS paper jumped right at me--life really is so very beautiful--look around--live, love & be happy!!
Now it's your turn...take the time to document who you are and what you represent. Your loved ones will appreciate your legacy more than you'll ever know.
Following are the full details of the challenge & the prizes. Until my next post...
This challenge is no-holds-barred...talk about your new year's resolution, your dreams, your childhood, your best and worst moments, what makes you laugh, cry, mad...what makes you feel beautiful...your best physical feature, what you wish you can change about yourself...your pet peeves, your frustrations, your favorite food, color...maybe a secret? whatever you want to talk about as long as it's all about you. Since we are talking about you...(the queen!). Here is our January theme that you need to follow.
I've used our generous Sponsor 13 ARTS Frosted Life Collection...They are sponsoring the winner and our DT this month with this gorgeous paper collection.
Random Winner will receive a Vintage-style Skeleton Key Collection from
Rules of the Challenge:
1. You are allowed to make a card, layout or altered/off the page project as long as you follow the challenge specifications.
2. Projects must be linked up to our linky tool in the
sidebar, using the URL of the ACTUAL POST not your entire blog.
3. You may submit as many entries as you like for each challenge and combine your entry with up to 2 other challenges.
4. It is required that you mention in your blog post that you are playing along at Berry71 Bleu TOGETHER with a link back to our blog.
5. All entries must be received by MIDNIGHT EST on the last day of the month the challenge was posted.
6. Entries to be submitted via the linky tool at the top of the
sidebar ONLY,not by email and not by linking up in the comments section please.
About Our Challenges:
1. Berry71Bleu Challenges are open to anyone,
anywhere in the world.
2. Our Design Team do their best to comment on all entries, you can make their job easier by turning OFF your word verification. Try it and if spam is a problem you can always enable comment moderation.
3. Challenges are held monthly and each month TWO winners are
chosen. One winner is chosen by our design team, who all vote for the project they consider to be the best, while another winner is chosen by random draw.
4. Challenge winners will always be announced within a week
of the challenge closing and winners are then required to
contact our Sponsor Co-ordinator, Agnieszka at email@example.com
5. Prizes not claimed within 2 weeks of the challenge closing
will be forfeited.
6. The Merit winner will have an image of their project featured in the winners post, together with a link back to the homepage
of their blog.
7. Merit winners will be awarded a Winner's Badge to post
on their blog - full bragging rights included!