Saturday, September 20, 2014

Kimberly and Carole....Guest Designers


Where to start?   I'm married to my jr high school sweetheart for 30yrs. We have three amazing boys,  two beautiful daughters in-laws, a grandson and 2 granddaughter.  My family is my world! 
I've been crafting for 7years.  I started out with a cricut then expanded myself from there,I love to alter the unexpected. 

I would consider myself a vintage Distress girl.   I love the vintage, and steampunk.


If I had to pick one color out of the crayon box and say it was me,  I'd pick red, because I have a firecracker personality. I love to make others happy and engergized. If I were a scrappy embellishment I'd be a paper clip, because I tend to hold everything together for the people in my world.


it's Kimberly here I'm so honored to be asked to do a guest post. The challenge was to tell a story what you love , well I decided I would tell my creative love story nothing mussy ... Lol so I made a page with creative things I love ! I took some yummy vintage items from zeus and Zoe's etsy shop ... This was a fun and easy project to make I just pulled out some things I love like  beautiful paper. lace , burlap old vintage findings and of course coffee embellishments .  then I created my page  with all the fun layers. I had so much fun with this challenge hope to see you join in on this challenge ! 
Thank you for looking , Please stop by my blog for more fun inspiration 







Carole- Canada


Bonjour! My name is Carole, I am from Québec, Canada.

I am a former Journalist and Newspaper Editor, now Freelance Writer/Author. I’m a people person, nature-loving, hippie-chick wanna-be!

I have been crafting for more than 35 yrs. I knit, crochet, sew, paint, draw, and have been paper crafting and creating multi-media art projects since 2000.

I am as passionate about music, literature and the arts as I am in my creative expression, which is constantly evolving.  Thank you for letting me share this artistic journey with you!


A Happy Place

When I saw this peg board at a thrift store I immediately knew I had to have it, a finished image of the 'altered version' popped into my mind instantly!

First I dismantled the piece, taking off the peg board and popping off the buttons on the cushioned front I left the yellowed ribbons in  place because I waned to use some Lindy's sprays to color the fabric and ribbons at the same time. Some of the colors I sprayed randomly were: , I then did a bit of stenciling across the fabric surface and added some white stripes for contrast. I repeated the process on the buttons, and once the piece was dry, I glued the buttons back in place.

I spray painted the black iron piece with white Krylon paint then proceeded to make a very light wash of antique white acrylic paint to apply to the natural wood frame since I still wanted the wood grain to show through the paint.

I discarded the window front from the framed area to the right of the piece and recycled some Prima packaging to use as a base for my favourite poem which I printed on a cardstock in a sepia tone before I fussy cut around the paragraphs. I inked the edges with Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink and popped it up with dimensional glue dots on the packaging background.

I dug deep into my scrapbooking supplies to find a transparency that would compliment the colors I chose for the cushioned board, and I love how it all tied in together once I added some antique tatting lace to the top and bottom of the peg board section and finished the entire pece off with pretty Prima flowers and a couple of bead dangles.

The piece serves to showcase some of the things that I love and that bring me to a "Happy Place": pictures of my granddaughter, some lovely quotes that I enjoy reading, an old business card reminding me how much I loved my former job as Newspaper Editor and Pablo Neruda's (my favorite poet) poetry, which always brings me back to my center of gravity. 

Thank you for taking a moment to share some meaningful tidbits of my life with me!

IF YOU FORGET ME
I want you to know
one thing. 

You know how this is: 
if I look 
at the crystal moon, at the red branch 
of the slow autumn at my window, 
if I touch 
near the fire 
the impalpable ash 
or the wrinkled body of the log, 
everything carries me to you, 
as if everything that exists, 
aromas, light, metals, 
were little boats 
that sail 
toward those isles of yours that wait for me. 

Well, now, 
if little by little you stop loving me 
I shall stop loving you little by little. 

If suddenly 
you forget me 
do not look for me, 
for I shall already have forgotten you. 

If you think it long and mad, 
the wind of banners 
that passes through my life, 
and you decide 
to leave me at the shore 
of the heart where I have roots, 
remember 
that on that day, 
at that hour, 
I shall lift my arms 
and my roots will set off 
to seek another land. 

But 
if each day, 
each hour, 
you feel that you are destined for me 
with implacable sweetness, 
if each day a flower 
climbs up to your lips to seek me, 
ah my love, ah my own, 
in me all that fire is repeated, 
in me nothing is extinguished or forgotten, 
my love feeds on your love, beloved, 
and as long as you live it will be in your arms 
without leaving mine. 





3 comments:

  1. Super projects ladies......really gorgeous! Thanks for Guest Designing for Berry71Bleu! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both projects are lovely! Thanks to both of you for guest designing with us here at Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty projects! Thank you ladies!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! We really appreciate you stopping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...