Wednesday, January 21, 2015

My Little Angel Layout By Kay


Happy January Berry71Bleu fans!  Kay here with my interpretation of this month's challenge: Things With Wings.

My project incorporated several items & elements with wings.  I used washi paper in the background with butterfly images, I perched a small yellow bird embellishment on top of the nest & I decided to give my little guy his very own pair of angel wings.  I'm always saying how my son is my 'sweet little angel' so the idea to give him some sort of angel wings has been brewing in my mind for some time now--the opportunity finally came where I can add wings to him & it made sense!

My son was just a little over a month old when this photo was taken.  His sweet face has changed a bit since then but he still has those big brown eyes.


Here you can see the different layers of washi shape that I applied to the background.  I also did a bit of misting & masking with modeling paste.  Working with white mixed media always pops more against a solid black background.

I kept the overall design of the page simple--I wanted the main focus to be on my photo.


I tucked a small glassine bag underneath the photo that serves as pocket where I inserted a tag. This will hold my journaling.


I've used images by one of our sponsors this month by Digital Paper.  The floral images were pink so I edited the color in Photoshop & made them blue to go along with the colors of my layout.  That's the beauty of digital images--you can make them any color you want with just a bit of knowledge on how to edit images with a photo editor.  I then fussy cut the flowers & tucked them behind my photo.  Voila!  Instant customized embellishments!

Thanks for stopping by & looking forward to seeing your interpretation of this month's challenge.  Now onto this month's sponsors & prizes...

Thank you to our sponsors for providing beautiful prizes this month!

1st Prize:

3 products of by digital PAPER chosen by the winner



Random Prize:

Set of TandiArt prints and cards



Sponsors:

by digital PAPER
This online shop was set up by amazing graphic designer - Janet who works on graphics many hours daily, so that customers can always be pleased when buying her digital papers. For many years Janet has been collecting old postcards, photos, illustrations and she uses them to make her beautiful digital papers. She also like to draw. Many of her illustrations Janet drew herself.
TandiArt
Mixed media art, home decoration and workshops with a little bit of magic:) This dreamy art work is created with heart and soul by Sylwia Gryczuk.

Please note that if the winner(s) of this challenge are international they will be responsible for shipping costs. Make sure you follow our CHALLENGE RULES.

Thank you and we hope to see your beautiful creations!

We appreciate each and every challenge entry and share the designs that catch our eye on our facebook pageand Pinterest Boards. Look for your work there!

2 comments:

Thanks so much for your comments! We really appreciate you stopping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...